A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant to join a highly driven and fast-growing SME based in Bradford. You will work with and support two entrepreneurial Directors who are experts in their field and industry and passionate about company growth.
As the Financial Controller, you are the Finance lead for the business. You will review current finance processes and be able to support and advise the business on the best processes, financing and achieve maximum profits and debt control. You will carry out a full balance sheet and P&Ls, budgeting and forecasting and all financial controls. Excellent knowledge of Sage Line 50 and Excel a necessity. You will be the advisor in Finance to the business and be relied upon to make key strategic decisions.
You will be a strong Accountant/ FC who wants to be part of and instrumental to a growing business. You will bring competencies in all areas of financial control and be able to demonstrate a hands-on approach You must commercial in your approach, an effective decision-maker and not a ‘yes’ person. If you have worked in the engineering/ construction or QS sector it will be a distinct advantage.
The key duties of this role will include:
* Day to day management of the finance team
* Preparation of management accounts including full balance sheet, cash flow statement for review and approval by the Board
* Preparation of cash flow forecasts
* Implementation, monitoring and checking of system and process controls to ensure assets are safeguarded and results accurately reported
* Ensure monthly balance sheet & control account reconciliations are completed
* Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled daily, completion of weekly & monthly balance summary
* Manage purchase ledger, sales ledger, aged debtor report and credit control
* Prepare weekly and monthly payrolls
* Prepare and submit quarterly VAT Returns
* Prepare the year-end statutory accounts and tax pack
* Prepare the annual budget update
* Give full advise of financing projects and liaise with the banks
IPS Finance has 40 years experience in the Yorkshire accountancy recruitment market. We have built our business on long term relationships with both individuals and clients in all sectors, bringing real benefits to all concerned. Please visit our website www.ipsfinance.com to view the latest accountancy / finance and practice opportunities.
Richard manages the accountancy recruitment for professional practice and commerce & industry across the Yorkshire region