An established, Romford based Personal Lines Insurance Broker are currently recruiting for a Junior Finance Analyst to join their ever-growing Finance Team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to take ownership of their next role and be the ‘go-to-person’ for the board from a revenue and cost management perspective.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Constructing analysis of key cost headings and liaise with management as required to understand the reason for any unusual or unplanned items or budget variances.
- Reviewing project costs and outcomes (capital expenditure projects and trading initiatives) to help ensure planned outcomes are achieved
- Carrying out a detailed review of the monthly P&L to agreed timetable to ensure the integrity of the monthly accounts to be reported.
- Preparing accruals and prepayments for income and revenue in accordance with the month end financial checklist and timetable, including accruals for aggregator costs and finance income, to ensure that the income and costs reported for the month are a fair reflection of trading during the month.
- Preparing the monthly finance reporting pack to agreed timetable ensuring in particular that the information sourced from operational systems is accurate, complete and consistent with other data reported
- Preparing detailed monthly cost analysis and other information for key managers and budget holders to ensure that they are supported to ensure that they achieve their agreed budgets or forecasts.
- Maintaining information and analysis to assist in the preparation of detailed cash flow forecasts.
- Providing additional analysis and reconciliations as requested at the financial year end of the company to ensure the timely and accurate finalisation of the P&L and balance sheet of the company.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished accounting professional who is at a junior-mid level in their career looking to take a step up into a more analytically focused position. You will have experience in either assisting/producing management and/or financial accounts, as well as having exposure to trend, revenue and/or cost analysis.
If you think this is you please do go ahead and apply!